In the midst of a storm,
You said, ‘Peace be still.’
Bid our anxious fears subside,
Sustain your church in faith, hope and love,
Bring our nation through this tumult,
Grant wisdom to those with heavy responsibilities,
And healing and hope to those who are infected.
We very much regret that due to the current need to minimise social contact, all Church Services and other activities at Abbey Lane and Newport are currently suspended.
Below are some links you may find helpful to materials for use in worship at home:
© ROOTS for Churches Ltd (www.rootsontheweb.com) 2002-2020.
Reproduced with permission
In order to provide support and enable you to enjoy worship during this time, we would also like to share links to the following initiatives and resources:
- Daily Devotions – If you would like to make use of this much recommended form of worship, then sign up by visiting https://devotions.urc.org.uk.
- The Daily Devotions team are also organising a regular Sunday Service which will be recorded and emailed to subscribers.
- Phil Nevard, a minister in the South Western Synod, will lead worship on 29th March
- Rev’d Andy Braunston will lead on Palm Sunday and Good Friday
- Our General Secretary elect, John Bradbury, will lead Easter Sunday worship
- Nicola Furley Smith, our new Secretary for ministries, will lead worship for us for Low Sunday
All the details can be found here.
- URC Churches with services available online can be found here
- Methodist resources for home worship can be found here
- Wesley’s Chapel in London will continue to live-stream worship, adapted for no physical congregation, and found here on Youtube. Service times are: Wednesday 12:45, Thursday 12:45, Sunday 9:45 and 11:00.
- BBC : The BBC Daily service is broadcast 9.45 Monday to Friday on BBC Radio 4 long wave, on BBC Sounds, the BBC website and on Radio 4 DAB. If using Radio 4 DAB, the service is on a side channel made available about a minute before the programme begins. To access it from Radio 4 DAB, select “Daily Service” (from your display) with the tuning wheel and press the selector button.
Newport United Reformed Church (left) and Abbey Lane United Reformed Church